Living in Southwestern Ontario often means dealing with long, cold winters and short, muggy summers. Or at least, that how it feels to me. So when summer does come around you better believe I do all I can to take advantage of the nicer weather!
Every year I like to write out a list of the things I hope to do before these blissful summer days come to an end. I’ve found that creating a summer bucket list helps me plan ahead and actually get around to doing all of the fun summer activities I hope to do. Otherwise, before I know it, the summer is over.
My 2017 summer activity bucket list:
- Go to the beach for a day. Most likely Turkey Point since it’s close by.
- Camping with our friends.
- Camping with the kiddo! Because camping with friends vs. family is entirely different, but I enjoy each experience equally.
- Visit St. Jacobs Farmer’s Market. Preferably more than once.
- Go to the drive-in!
- Make a summer playlist.
- Have a family picnic.
- Attend pride parade! Either in London or Toronto.
- Take Sidney to Canada’s Wonderland!
- Spend a day at the water park.
- Cheer Nick on at Shag at the Dag beard competition.
- Attend a fireworks show! Canada’s Day is less than a month away!
- Try out a new-to-me vegan restaurant.
- Wake up early enough to watch the sunrise.
- Go on a family bike ride.
- Get out on a canoe.
- Read at least 3 books.
- Grow my own herbs.
- Visit my Grandpa in Montreal!
- Dance in the rain!
- Do yoga outside.
- Try at least 10 new recipes – snacks, meals or even cocktails.
- Take Sidney to the Toronto zoo!
- Get a new tattoo.
- Blog all of my experiences!
I love summer! And I’ve been relishing in this warm, wet weather for the past few weeks already, but I can’t wait until it’s actually summer and we can play outside all day, every day!
What’s on your 2017 summer activity bucket list?