Come on spring! I can’t wait for spring to get here guys!
We had some unusually warm weather in February, which was so nice! But now it’s mid-March and we’re back to snow storms and freezing temperatures. THE WORST!
So I’ve been sitting here dreaming of Spring, anxiously waiting for warmer weather, pretty flowers, nature walks and being able to finally wear my flats again. Love my Docs, but I’m the kind of gal that prefers running around barefoot than having to wear shoes at all.
There’s only a few more weeks of this shit, maybe even less if we’re lucky. But until then, I’ll just have to think of all the reasons I love Spring, and here they are!
Reasons I love spring:
- Gardening! I love planting flowers and watching them grow over the summer. This is the first year I’ve had my very own yard space! I’m excited to plan my little outdoor space and add a few garden plots! I’m thinking I might do a couple raised gardens for vegetables and herbs, and a little flower patch on the ground.
- Nature Walks! Walking through forests, fields and along the beach are a few of my favourite things! I’ve spent a lot of time wandering around nature, soaking in the sun, smelling the flowers and sketching the trees. I love living in southwestern Ontario and the many trails that surround my home.
- Thunderstorms! Fuck winter storms and their icy roads and chilling winds, and bring on the thunderstorms! I love watching lightning dart across the dark clouds while rain comes pouring down. I love the sound, the smell, the feeling and the gorgeous sights that thunderstorms bring and I can’t wait to experience them again.
- Easter! I kind of love holidays. I mean, who doesn’t? Easter is such a cute holiday, especially when there are kids around.
- Summer Break! Sidney might have to wait until the end of June before her school year ends, but mine ends mid-April and I am stoked! College life is hard as a mom. It’s hard in general. Thankfully I have a summer co-op job lined up and I’m excited to start working. Truly, I’m excited to be done my fourth term, too. This program is so much harder than my previous one!
- Spring Cleaning! I frigging love spring cleaning! I mean, I try to keep my house clean all year round, but it’s nice to be able to whip open all the windows and give the house a good scrubbin’! Every season I also go through all of our belongings and donate a bunch of stuff we don’t need any more. This is the first year that I’ve had a garage, and it really needs to get cleaned out. Come on Spring! Let’s do this!
- Cute Animals! We’ve had quite a few squirrels hang out in our backyard all winter, but I can’t wait to see all of the other cute little animals come out of hibernation. And all the baby animals once they’re born! Walking through the park and watching the little ducklings stumble around is pretty damn adorable.
- Cheaper Produce! One thing that sucks about living in a country with four-seasons is not having fresh produce available for cheap throughout the winter. Soon as the weather warms up and the local farmers start harvesting their crops, we’ll have tasty fruits and vegetables for a much smaller price tag.
- Longer Days! One thing I hate about winter is how early I get tired. Once the sun goes down my energy drains and I’m ready for bed. Which sucks when it’s dark by 5p.m. Howeverrrrr, once Spring gets here the sun is out longer and therefore I’m much more productive in the evenings.
- Outdoor Play! I love playing outside with my daughter and my friends. Throwing a Frisbee around, skipping, drawing with chalk, blowing bubbles, flying a kite, bike rides and rollerskating! Send me to the park for the afternoon and I won’t complain once! I’m really just a big kid pretending to be an adult, just playing house and imagining a grownup life.
Enter to win by using the Rafflecopter below. Open WW ends on 4/24. Terms and conditions can be found in the widget.
Check out the other awesome co-hosts!
- The Parenting Patch
- The Parenting Patch
- Coupons and Freebies Mom
- Barbie’s Beauty Bits
- Ann Again and again Reviews
- Adventure 57
- Heidi’s Wanderings
- Java John Z’s
- Oh, The Places We Travel!
- PaulaMS’ Giveaways, Reviews, & Freebies
- Box Roundup
- All about U
- Mom ‘N Daughter Savings
- Misadventures with Andi
- Rockin’ Book Reviews
- I Choose Joy!
- Comfy Abode
- The Awesome Muse
- Atlas Adrift
- Full Lives Reviews
Are you also excited for spring? What are some of your favourite things about spring?